Monday, March 16, 2015

The Homecoming !




Cbd Belapur
Me with my town : CBD Belapur
Imagine a situation where you live in one place your entire life and then you leave town for a long time. Now imagine the homecoming..Welcome to my story !


I was born and brought up in my hometown of C.B.D. Belapur . I loved every aspect of my town right from my small yet cozy home , my lovable parents , idiotic friends. Everything was near to me , my school just round the corner , my senior college a few stops away via bus , all my friends stayed near to me. Playgrounds , market , trekking spots , temple , seashore , railway station name it and you will find it near my town. So when my Infosys joining date arrived dated 6th October stating that I join Mysore for training , I started dreading the day I would have to leave my town. But that fateful day did arrive and I had to leave my beloved town. For the record I loved staying in Mysore , but I missed C.B.D. For the record , NO , I was not homesick , it was just that C.B.D is sort of a place which grows onto you and its difficult to to get away from such a nice place . After 4 long months my training was ending and I started counting the days till the day I would be back in CBD. Then I got another dreadful news : I got posted to Pune and not Mumbai. Everything from then started looking bleak and I was cursing myself for joining Infosys. Before joining Pune I took one-day leave to return to my Town. When I was returning my entire body language stated my mood. I simply did not have enough motivation to go on.


The day arrived and I left Mysore for C.B.D .when I entered my city limits , seeing familiar surroundings my mood got elevated. A pleasant surprise awaited me. My friends were at the bus stop to receive me. Apparently , my mom had been hounded by their calls and she had told them the time of my arrival. The happiness in the air was infectious. Soon , I was feeling happy and cheerful. I had missed eating the wada-paav from my town hence we took a detour before going home. Eating the same wada-paav (You don't get the Mumbai vadapav in Mysore :P ) from a familiar place felt like bliss. Biding farewell to my friends , I set on a familiar path to my house .The familiar smell of my home greeted me and seeing wide smiles on my parent's face , I just could not help but smile. Eating home cooked food after 4 long months was a heavenly feeling. Then I went to my regular playground and played football for 2 long hours , met some friends and in general  and had a good time. It was as if my batteries were slowly recharging and giving me newfound hope and motivation to continue


The fact that I had to leave again for Pune never struck me. In the night , while sleeping I then started to introspect. Maybe it was not my town which I missed. It was the people & familiar surroundings which my made town , the real reason for me missing my town. Then it dawned upon me that this maybe due to the fact that I had spent 22+ years in my town and I was resisting this radical shift. If we devote enough time then we can remain touch with people whom we care about and familiarity can be created with time. Also Pune was not out of the world , It was just a few hours away and I could always return home whenever I wanted . This realization raised my hopes and strengthened my spirit


Nothing significant happened that day, No 'Happening' , groundbreaking things as such. It was just a return of a nostalgic resident to his hometown and the realization of the facts that followed. Some days don't have to be eventful to be important in our lives. I will always remember this day as the day it dawned upon me to look at life in a different perspective and accept changes as they are the inevitable fact of life.

On a side not if you want to buy / rent house in my hometown or anywhere else do check out

http://housing.com




No comments:

Post a Comment