Thursday, March 19, 2015

How I changed my Life





pic credits : goweloveit.info
Starting a new Life can either be a decision by consent or an enforced choice. The main reason for starting out on a new journey is the need for change and changes are never easy. It takes strong belief and self-confidence to embark on an unknown road and sometimes we need that little push which makes us believe whatever we are doing is going to make life better. So let me tell you my story. May my words inspire people to look at life with a new outlook.


My story till my second year of engineer was that of success. Securing excellent grades in 10th and 12th I had finally got into engineering. I had loads of extracurricular achievements added to my name in that period. But from then things started going downhill. My grades were slipping & I was getting into constant arguments with my close friends over petty issues. My grandpa who was my biggest support died. My sister who stays in a nearby city just got admitted to hospital and my dad suffered a paralysis attack. My mom who has diabetes was suffering even more due to the added strain. To cap it all off I just had a car accident while returning from the hospital where my dad was admitted. I returned home to find that I had failed in one subject in my 3rd semester of engineering.



I was in in complete emotional disarray and looked down and out. I cried and cried over my situation but slowly my tears started drying up. Bouts of depression were clawing their way into my mind and that compounded my problems even more. I started worrying more. Depressing thoughts about my failing career , close ones leaving me , fear of failing in life started hounding me. All the sadness ,
pain led me to a make or break point. At that point I realized I can either  take a decision to change my situation or keep lamenting and accept it. I realized crying is not going to help my situation and I somehow have to find a way to change things around. I decided I need a fresh start , a new outlook towards life . Enough was enough , I just had to get out of the mess !


 I started with myself. I observed my own flaws which caused me to be in the situation I was in. The primary causes I found out were my careless attitude , my tendency to procrastinate ,emotional &  impatient nature and low self-confidence . I started taking more care of my mom and giving her the support she needed. I put up my paper for a revaluation because I believed it was impossible for me to fail in any exam . I started the two minute rule for myself to eliminate procrastination. The rule which I enforced upon myself made me do things right away and not postpone them if they took less than 2 minutes and trust me , most things which we procrastinate come into this category. To pay for the damages done for my car , I started taking tuitions in a class for my favorite subject : Physics and  I finally managed to earn enough.I studied in the hospital where my dad was admitted so that my studies would not suffer. It was difficult not to think of my situation but I figured thinking would not help solve it and hence I kept on going mechanically ahead.


The initial days were tough since my mind was divided into two parts ,one which egged me on while the other kept pegging me back. But as they say , God helps those who help themselves , positive things started happening around my life making me believe things would change for me. My dad recovered completely from his paralysis , my sister got released early from hospital. I sorted out things with my friends patiently and things returned to normal between us. My revaluation result arrived and I was ecstatic to know that I had passed. After a year had passed I finally started to come to terms with my grandpa's loss.


I slowly started rebuilding my career and my marks grew. During placement time , I became just eligible with 60.04 % just exceeding their cutoff of 60 %. I got placed in two companies L & T and Infosys. In my final year I secured first class with distinction scoring 70 % marks and I knew life had come full circle. But no , this is just the beginning of my new life. I have to go a long way to go. The hunger to achieve even more excites me and drives me on. Now I know , Life is not about how many times you fall , its about how many times you get up after you fall. I am glad I changed my life for the better.

On a side note if you feel you want a change from the usual boring sites and want to try something new for your next big house do visit https://housing.com/.











No comments:

Post a Comment