Friday, October 18, 2013

A story or a glass of water !

A beautiful post suggested by my dear friend Akshay Harvande :

A Psychologist walked around a room while teaching Stress Management to an audience.As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked "Half empty or Half full" question. Instead, with a smile, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?".Answers ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.She replied,"The absolute wt doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it.If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem.If I hold it for an hour,I'll have an ache in my arm.If I hold it for a day,my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change,But,The longer I hold it,the heavier it becomes. She continued,"The Stresses and Worries in Life , are like that Glass of Water...Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt and If you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed –incapable of doing anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment