Saturday, November 1, 2014

How to get thrown out of the class in Infosys !


Infosys Mysore campus is really one of the premier campuses in the country. I was one of the lucky ones to get selected and get the infosys experience. And after a few grueling days I am not quite sure whether I am a professional or suffering an additional engineering semester.

Truth be told, the facilities are jawdropping ( who would provide a multiplex theatre with movies free of cost , cheapest bowling alley rates, a free international standard football turf, atheletics tracks, swimming pool and what not). Just don't get me started on the variety of cuisine available here. I have seven food courts to choose from with everything right from north Indian cuisine to Chinese to even fast food , name the food and you can have it here. We cycle to work, have great classrooms , projectors , amazing teachers and it would definitely have you thinking why the hell did I start ranting from my first paragraph The reason is time. You just don't get time from studies to do anything else.Add to it the fact that the portion is insurmountable so you have to sit beyond office hours and yes did I mention I  kicked out of the class in the third week for no fault of mine ??
We were coding two damn questions which were tricky to interpret and code. With luck, yours truly got it sorted and was talking and helping out others. With my voice as loud as a loudspeaker, the teacher was bound to notice. At the precise moment , my friend tariq who was sitting in front asked me a doubt. With enthusiasm , I started "well tariq, I suggest...." And the next thing I heard was the class going silent and the hearing the dreaded words " GET OUT " .
I was too dumbfounded to speak anything when tariq retorted " why ? " .  With eyes as wide as a watermelon, he said " what ? "  and I knew we were doomed. Still I attempted to diffuse the situation  and said "sir , we are sorry it won't happen again." But he was in no mood to listen and said " Either you go out or i will report it to the higher authorities. I was in the middle of explaining something important here when you bellowed like a bull and interrupted me. Tell me have you finished doing the structural part of the code ? " . Seeing no other option I said "Yes " knowing that this could very well piss him off. He was a tad bit surprised but asked "OK what about the logical part ? "
Knowing what was going to come next I replied nonchalantly "Yes" and he thundered " Both of you get out of the class" .  We did not want to cause further trouble and got out. Standing out, I was laughing at the fact that that we must be the first ones in our batch to get kicked out of the class.
Don't worry folks. It turned out all right in the end and found out the teacher was not too bad after all. But guys this definitely tops my list of What you should not do at Infosys.

No comments:

Post a Comment