Monday, June 23, 2014

God's Motorbike !

There are some incidents in your life which leave a mark forever.They are meant to teach us something and in a way that we can never forget  what we learnt. I experienced one such lesson.I was travelling daily from my home in Nanded phata,Pune to my class located in Deccan. Pune unlike mumbai has a screwed up transport system and hence there is not good connectivity between regions. As a Navi-mumbaikar i may have been habituated to the comforts my city provides but seriously Pune seriously needs to improve its transport system. My daily transport was a tedious affair involving 2 shared autorikshas, a bus and then 20 minutes walking.The entire cost of this was 80Rs. But it was imperative to attend the class so i had to undergo this ritual daily.

   In my early days of travelling,by chance i had forgotten to take enough money and i realised that after completing my class. I had only 10rs in pocket and almost had 30km to travel.Praying to god i got a bus in my direction and took a ticket for the maximum distance my money could afford.Getting down i realised I was still a good 15km away from my home. On top of it my mobile shut down on me so i could not contact mom and dad (and anyway they were in no situation to help me). Resigned to my fate i started walking. But after half an hour of walk i realised that it was going to be almost impossible to cover the distance.
                       I was in a new city with new people around so was scared as to how could i ask people for a lift also there was a issue of trust. Also Pune is not like Mumbai where people are friendly and tend to help you no matter what. Here the people are reserved and generally do not tend to help others. In a tizzy,i sat down at a nearby bench and was thinking of a way out of this when out of nowhere a motorbike came and stopped in front of me.The person on the bike was fiddling on the mobile phone. After overcoming my initial suprise i gathered courage and asked for a lift. Here was me asking for a lift to a completely unknown person to a area which is 15km and therefore a slim chance of the person going there. The area where i was staying was just being developed and there were few people who were staying there
                                      But I guess God's really took pity on me , because to my utter disbelief that man was going to the exact place where i wanted to go.It was as if God said," You have learnt your lesson and suffered enough, now here's your ride" . That guy went out of his way to drop me all the way to my home. Thanking him, I returned home tired but a wiser person !

p.s : the lesson was one should carry enough money when traveling in an unknown city or to a far away place and my situation involved both the cases :D
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment